Website Terms, Conditions, Privacy and Cookies Policy
The Whitewater The Canoe Centre shop is owned wholly by:
Whitewater The Canoe Centre Ltd
Company Reg: 8969195
Director: Peter Scutt
VAT Reg: 184 3627 89
Tel: +44 (0)1932 247 978
It is imperative that you complete all stages of the payment process accurately. In particular you MUST supply details of your card holder address as well as the card holder name exactly as it appears on your card / bank statement.
Whitewater The Canoe Centre cannot accept responsibility for incomplete or inaccurate information submitted via this website.
Orders with incorrect information will be automatically rejected. Whitewater The Canoe Centre cannot accept responsibility for non / late delivery of goods where card payments have not been authorized by the card issuer.
Security of your Personal Details
We have a commitment to information security and undertake various measures for the purpose of protecting against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against loss or destruction of or damage to personal data.
All prices are in UK sterling (GBP) and include taxation (VAT) where applicable. Situations beyond our control may occasionally result in price changes to those shown. We reserve the right to make changes but we will always call or email to notify you of any, upon receipt of your order. All prices exclude carriage charges where applicable (unless otherwise stated).
We reserve the right to refund and cancel orders where genuine and honest mistake on our part has been made.
We are able to match or beat advertised prices from other UK shops on like for like Kayaks. The Price match offer does not include sale prices on previous seasons colour ways etc. This means you can come and check out our great range of stock boats or try one of our growing fleet of demo touring and whitewater boats on the water and without having to travel the country if you find a boat cheaper elsewhere.
Unfortunately we may not be able to match some delivery offers or charges but we’re happy to try so please give us a shout to see what is possible.
AvailabilityWe make every effort to keep our stock levels up to date on our website however inacuracy can happen. Customers can order items that are out of stock but are advised before checking out the there may be delays in delivery and to call us. We will get intouch with you if your items will be delayed beyond your selected delivery times. If we can't get the item you order with the delivery time then we can issue you a refund.
Copyright NoticeThis website and its content is copyright of Whitewater The Canoe Centre - © Whitewater The Canoe Centre 2016. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
Prices shown on www.whitewaterthecanoecentre.com may occasionally vary from those available in our shop.
Conditions of using this websiteThe terms & conditions outlined within this section apply to the use of www.whitewaterthecanoecentre.com website and other material produced by Whitewater The Canoe Centre. If you do not agree with any of the terms & conditions do not use this website. Use of the website and any purchases through it, assume you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined.
Whitewater The Canoe Centre Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Whitewater The Canoe Centre Ltd - Shepperton Marina - Felix Lane - TW17 8NS
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by placing an order / filling in forms on our site www.wwtcc.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our Newsletter, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Data will be stored in a range of different places; internally on our IT systems and externally with our website providers (EKM)
Why do we process personal data?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To fulfill any order placed on our website www.wwtcc.com
• We need to process data in order to respond to your contact form requests.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by e-mail or post
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Whitewater The Canoe Centre works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Whitewater The Canoe Centre works with a number of trusted Suppliers who supply products and services on our behalf. All suppliers are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfill the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
In order for you to receive your goods, Whitewater The Canoe Centre works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with the Company Directors,
Your data is processed with third parties such as our website provider EKM to service your contact form requests. They will process your data only under our instructions. We do not share your information with any other third parties.
How do we protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. All data is kept secure, with access limited only to those who require the data for the proper performance of their job roles.
Our current website provider is under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of data. They have been selected after a rigorous evaluation process and chosen for their security, reliability and competence.
For how long do we keep data?
Your account information is stored internally on our IT systems for up to 7 years.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
• object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
• choose to opt out (unsubscribe) and no longer receive emails from us at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookie file are stored on your web browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.