The 9R kick-started a creek boat design revolution; now it’s time to raise the bar with the 9R II. This sports car of a kayak is an exhilarating ride on any river, its narrow width not only increasing the 9R’s dynamic speed, but also offering immense connectivity, effortless rolling, and lightning fast edge to edge transitions; the 9R’s unparalleled speed is just as much fun to wield during everyday missions as it is in competitions, opening up more moves and whole new possibilities such as mid-rapid line changes and easy attainments.
The 9R II’s design has been refined to offer paddlers a faster ride with greater control, because after all, #FastIsFun
- 9ft length with cut-off stern gives maximum short-boat category waterline for ultimate speed, with a clean release of surface tension.
- A narrow, swede form hull paired with subtle paddle entry cutaways allows for perfectly placed paddle strokes and rewards them with explosive velocity.
- A narrower planing surface increases the hull speed and quickens edge to edge transitions.
- Extreme bow rocker, wave deflectors, and lower bow release edges create multi-stage dynamic lift, ensuring the kayak maintains planing speed in a wide variety of situations.
- A tailored progressive rocker profile engages the stern for tracking and carving performance when the kayak is being driven forwards, and releases at low to mid-speed for tighter turns.
- Additional volume at the seam line and stern deck, plus extra width towards the stern, prevent tail tapping and improve handling, particularly for larger paddlers and on big water.
- The rocker profile, volume, and stern width are finely balanced to carry maximum lateral speed through features and out of drops.
- Softened stern sidewalls make for smoother moves and greater control, even at high speed.
- Pronounced deck peaking sheds water efficiently when punching through features and resurfacing from drops.
- Safety comes as standard with a complete array of DMM drop-forged, anodised aluminium handles and security points.
- An open stern handle recess with inboard handle drains efficiently and is easily accessible for off-the-water handling of the boat and swimmer rescues.
|PYRANHA 2019 STOUT 2 OUTFITTING
|Stout Seat - Highly ergonomic seat with thermoformed pad, trim adjustment, and height adjustment shims
|Stout 2 Hip Pads Deep-fill, oversized hip pads which mould to your shape, with foam adjustment shims to give a snug fit
|Stout 2 Thigh Grips - Padded, contoured thigh grips with fore/aft adjustment and an optional hooker upgrade
|Ratchet Backband - Padded backband with height adjustment and ratchet adjustable support
|Moulded Step Out Pillar
|Full Plate Bulkhead footrest
|Dimensions, Volume & Weight
|Optimum Paddler Weight
||65 - 100kg